If you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed as set out below, please contact us to discuss your concerns before submitting or making available to Asteras any of your Personal Data via this Site.
Specific services offered on this Site may have additional or alternative terms and conditions applicable to them, details of which will be provided on the relevant page(s) of this Site or when accessing the relevant services.
If you are an Asteras member or licensee, or have any other form of contractual relationship with Asteras, please bear in mind that the terms and conditions of your membership, licence or other contract may also be relevant to matters such as your use of this Site, communications to/from Asteras and how your information (including any Personal Data) may be used.
Use of your Personal Data
When Personal Data is submitted by you to Asteras using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that Asteras may collect, store and process such Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Dealing with any queries submitted by you;
- Dealing with licence applications and licensing issues;
- Registering you (or your company/organisation), at your request:
as a performer member of Asteras; and/or with any other collection societies or similar bodies/organisations who provide similar services to Asteras
- Providing you with information or other services in the ordinary course of such registrations or memberships (in accordance with any applicable registration/membership agreements).
- Handling and processing of performer member claims;
- Dealing with you regarding any other transactions conducted through the Site;
- Analysing usage patterns of the Site in order to determine which areas users find most valuable to them and to evaluate ways to improve the Site; and
- Using such Personal Data in the manner set out in the section below headed “With whom is your Personal Data shared”.
With whom is your Personal Data shared
When Personal Data is submitted by you using this Site, you acknowledge and agree that Asteras may share your Personal Data:
- with other collection societies and similar bodies or organisations, in connection with the potential uses of Personal Data set out in the section above headed “Use of your Personal Data”;
- with third party suppliers and contractors (such as website hosting companies and credit card / payment processors) for the purpose of providing you with the Site, the Content and any services available on or via the Site;
- with relevant third parties when required by applicable law (such as when Asteras is required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process); and
- with relevant third parties when Asteras believes it reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or improper activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to the rights, property or safety of Asteras, users of the Site, or any actual or suspected violation of the User Terms
wherever such persons and entities are located in the world.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used for purposes such as making a website work more effectively or providing information to a website operator about how its website is being used.
By continuing to use this website without disabling these cookies, you consent to them being used.
Use of non-Personal Data
Please note that Asteras may collect information about you which is not Personal Data, such as the type of internet browsers you use or the internet website from which you linked to the Site. You cannot be identified from this information and it is used by Asteras to assist in providing an effective service on this Site. This information (together with Personal Data which has been anonymised and aggregated with other information so that you are no longer identifiable from it) may be supplied by Asteras to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties. This shared information will only be provided to such third parties on an aggregated and anonymous basis (i.e. with no personally identifying information).
Certain sections of this Site are may be open to registered users and give those registered users the ability to review and modify Personal Data previously provided. Where any user names; passwords; log-in details and other secure means of access are given to you in order to access your Personal Data or to use any secure section of our Site, you are responsible for security of your information and will keep such information secure at all times treating it as strictly confidential. You must notify Asteras in the event that such information is revealed to or accessed by anyone else or where you become aware of a breach of confidentiality or any unauthorised use of this Site.
Personal Data provided to you
Where Personal Data relating to individuals, such as, but not limited to performer data, is made available to you on the Site, this is solely for the purpose of you being able to lawfully use the service provided by Asteras. You must keep any such information disclosed to you confidential and not use it for any other purposes.
Your rights with respect to your Personal Data
In respect of any Personal Data about you held by Asteras, you have the right (exercisable by making a written request to us):
- To receive a copy of that Personal Data
- To be given a description of that Personal Data
- To be told of the reasons that Personal Data is being processed
- To understand whether that Personal Data will be given to any other organisation
- To correct any errors in that Personal Data
- To be given details of the source of that Personal Data (where available)
- To prevent Asteras using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
Binding agreement and amendments to the User Terms
By agreeing to be bound by the User Terms, you are entering into a legally binding contract between yourself and Asteras. Notwithstanding that the relevant contract is with Asteras, you acknowledge and agree that the User Terms grant Asteras certain rights and remedies that are directly enforceable by Asteras against you.
© Copyright 2015 Asteras Collective Rights Management Limited. All rights reserved.